A&H

Socks

Ryan

THE REF
Level 7 Referee
Are there any socks that anyone recommends? after a game and defiantly the morning after my feet ache like there is no tomorrow, it's not my footwear but I generally just wear sports direct cheap socks, I was thinking about getting the padded crew socks and then cutting the tube of a cheap pair and just sock taping it up...any suggestions would be great please

The Referee Store
Wore my new Nike kit today for the first time today and afterwards I thought to myself wow, these socks are awesome. They are nicely 'padded' in the right areas and very, very comfortable. So much so I got onto A&H this evening and bought a couple of extra pairs.

Slight drift but I think I'm in the minority here in saying that I actually like the Nike stuff. Bought and used the Umbro Diamond when I qualified and, although it was ok, I don't think it looked the nicest plus its pretty faded after not too much use. Each to their own I guess.

Another +1. I wear the Nike to play in and their far more comfortable than the RA socks. Will just have to wait until Nike change their kit before I get the satisfaction of wearing their socks to ref in!

Nike socks and OrthoSole insoles. They aren't cheap at £45 (try Blacks outdoor etc) but well worth the money. Solved my knee problems and reduced the ankle-achilles struggles I've had in recent years.

Well having read this, I really hope Canada goes Nike after the next round of negotiations so I can try their kit out. I must say that, aside from that gray kit they're wearing in the Prem, I quite like the looks of them and they seem fairly comfortable. Good cut to them as well. Plus there is more stuff available as extraneous (track suits, boots, gloves for cold weather, etc) made by Nike than I can get by Umbro.

Lol...must admit I would probably call them 'Silver' rather than grey. But, yellow is our primary colour, and I'm not the biggest fan of that, prefer the red which is the fourth choice. Black gets too hot in this climate, so while traditional, it's not very practical.

That makes sense. I, too, prefer wearing the yellow simply because our season is during the summer where it gets upwards of 30 degrees Celsius and the sun just beats down. I didn't actually like the red 2010 World Cup kit -- looked like Ronald McDonald to me.

Back