A&H

shouting leave it

If you are referring to p147 I don't get that at all. I think the clarification is partly about making sure physical offences against refs are DFK/PK - but it also covers other verbal offences.
This line actually suggests IDFK and no YC is possible with no restriction to actions only against referees:
"Clarifies that verbal/gesture offences are punished with an indirect free kick even if there is a caution (YC) or sending-off (RC);"

Yes, but that is an explanation of the following changed text ...

is guilty of dissent, using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures or other verbal offences

We are not talking about dissent in this topic, so that text is totally irrelevant.

The Referee Store
Yes, but that is an explanation of the following changed text ...

is guilty of dissent, using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures or other verbal offences

We are not talking about dissent in this topic, so that text is totally irrelevant.
...this is circular now... as IMHO I think we are guessing at what's not written clearly in this "clarifying" section...

...suffice to say... I have always given IDFK+YC for verbal distraction but in grassroots/lower I try and be proactive and warn first about minor distraction if it's not game-changing and the player(s) need educating. It also makes the YC no problem to sell subsequently.

Hi
Sure any verbals whatever it is be it distraction is "other verbal offences". The real question is whether it is separate from the caution of "verbally distracts an opponent during play or at a restart "
I would seriously doubt that it is as it would not make any sense that there is a caution for the verbally distracts with an IDFK restart and an IDFK on its own also for verbal distraction. That would mean that a shout of LEAVE IT can be either. Which is it? If it is not an offence then it is nothing.

I would seriously doubt that it is as it would not make any sense that there is a caution for the verbally distracts with an IDFK restart and an IDFK on its own also for verbal distraction. That would mean that a shout of LEAVE IT can be either. Which is it?
It is both at the same time.
Look at it the same way as you would see spitting at an opponent. It is listed as a DFK on its own. It is also listed as a send off. It is both at the same time.

Hi
Yeah but that is not what is being suggested. It is in my opinion a caution and an IDFK or nothing. It is not an IDFK on its own. To use the spitting analogy it cannot be a DFK without a red card.

Reactions: one
I genunely have no idea what anybody on this thread is arguing about.
Let's make it clear.
Is anybody arguing that you can issue an IFK without a card? If not, this thread has probably run its course....

Let's make it clear.
Is anybody arguing that you can issue an IFK without a card? If not, this thread has probably run its course....
Me. There are various other scenarios where an ifk is awarded without a caution.
However verbal distraction is not one of them

Let's make it clear.
@CapnBloodbeard I have no idea what you are arguing about here :)
Or at least what you are arguing about is what you meant to argue about. Can you make it clearer.

@Goldfish I misunderstood your first post.

Brought this back because I heard an ex-player saying they had a code where "Fred!" meant leave it, "Bill" meant "backheel", etc. Worked a treat till they met another team who used "Fred!" for a backheel and "Bill!" meant leave it.

Me. There are various other scenarios where an ifk is awarded without a caution.
However verbal distraction is not one of them

Technically a team is awarded an IDFK for an offside offence. No caution ... I think I’m being pedantic

Back