A&H

Should I have done the match

SM

The avuncular one
Had a match this evening, local match, decent standard. Was looking forward to it as it is/was my final league match of the season.

About 10 minutes before leaving for the game, I get news that someone I know really well had been killed in a car accident the night before. I am about to leave for the game, I dont believe there is time to contact the league to ask to be excused/for them to find a replacement, just decide I have to go and do the match and put this to the back of my mind.

The game goes without any real incident (okay, there was a DOGSO which resulted in a red card....) but I am feeling disinterested at times, mind is wandering and it is difficult to maintain concentration. Got through the game, but not sure I should have carried on and done it. That said, nothing untoward happened.

:(

Bit of an unusual situation.

The Referee Store
i guess you might have wondered what the point was had some mouthy no mark started having a go at you during the game

difficult call - perhaps a call to ref sec to explain the situation before you left home would have been worthwhile....perhaps

can't be easy

Back