A&H

Junior/Youth Shirt Removal

Callum Aris

Level 7 Referee
Hi All
After finishing my match yesterday I watched another youth match whilst waiting to be picked up and a player after scoring a goal removed his shirt and that got me thinking at what age do you show the yellow for shirt removal.
Thanks
Callum

The Referee Store
It should be all levels, but I guess there would be opportunity for a public word rather than resorting to the cards depending on how young the player was, how late in the game etc.

The problem with doing nothing about it is that further goals may lead to further shirt removals and once you have let one go there is noting you can do about all those that follow. Interesting question.

I'd do it at any age. I personally hate kids doing over the top celebrations. You've not just scored a goal at the World Cup and think they should show some good grace when doing well.

Reactions: KB
Age 0 and up. If we don't card them young, refs doing older and OA games suffer the consequences of players not understanding the consequences of their actions

It also annoys me beyond belief pros removing their shirts and even more so when ex pros moan about it being a yellow card as refs don't understand the passion of scoring a goal. No we may not understand how it feels to score in the 89th minute at Old Trafford. But why remove your top. Of literally ANYTHING you can do to celebrate a goal why take your top off? It makes no sense to me.

Caution at any age. Everybody knows the score now and you've got to be fair to the other team.

It also annoys me beyond belief pros removing their shirts and even more so when ex pros moan about it being a yellow card as refs don't understand the passion of scoring a goal. No we may not understand how it feels to score in the 89th minute at Old Trafford. But why remove your top. Of literally ANYTHING you can do to celebrate a goal why take your top off? It makes no sense to me.
And they will never know that guilty pang of ref excitement when a team scores in the 89th minute due to a great advantage played! Would it look weird if a ref took his top off and started twirling it? :D

And they will never know that guilty pang of ref excitement when a team scores in the 89th minute due to a great advantage played! Would it look weird if a ref took his top off and started twirling it? :D

I'm the ref. So as no one can book me of course I whip my top off and start windmilling it around my head if that happens!

Can you do this next time Monkey and let us know how it goes? Please? :D

I can picture the story now;

"Referee found dead, holding his shirt in one hand and a red card in the other, with the words 'do one' written on the cards"

Back