A&H

Sept 14-15 Premier League discussions

RefIADad

RefChat Addict
I'll start off with a positive item - Atwell with a good on-field send-off for SFP on Stephens in the SOU-MU game. That is the type of call that, unfortunately, I think we see defaulted to an on-field caution with VAR recommending a review to upgrade in a lot of games where VAR is available.

Using the terminology of American football, I feel like this is a play where the VAR check would "confirm" the call (i.e., the call on the field was definitively correct).

A&H International
At least 2 delaying the restart cautions in the same game particularly harsh, especially the Fernandes one where Attwell hadn’t even blown his whistle to indicate ball out of play (with AR out of player eye line)

Have a feeling 2 weeks ago these wouldn’t have resulted in cautions but suspect R’s have been briefed to allow zero tolerance on these following the Rice incident

Yellow or red?

On field was yellow.

Can see arguments for both to be honest.
But probably leaning on yellow.
But you have to ask yourself the question of was it endangering the players safety, from behind (more than it was the side anyway), right through the player with at least one leg entirely off the floor (the connecting leg).. to a point the lad has gone off injured and could be out for weeks with an ankle injury from the challenge.
I know you don't colour based off an injury but this still looks very naughty.

Back