A&H

Senior National League Debut

The Zebra

BAFRA Member #217
Been assigned to a busy weekend next week!

Got my first ever game on the Senior British National League (as Head Linesman) with a short jaunt up to the Tipton Sports Academy (been there a couple of times when I was running the line in the West Midlands League) - for a fixture between the Sandwell Steelers and the Lincolnshire Bombers.

Thankfully (as this will be the first time I've officiated at Head Linesman) - the powers that be have given me a Juniors game the day before in the same position (so everything will be fresh in the memory and hopefully I won't make many errors!).

New shirt has been ordered in preparation!

The Referee Store
Zebs ......! wonder if you can answer a quick question we were debating last week ?

Why did the European American Football league pack up some years ago ?

I remember getting into regularly watching on a Sunday Afternoon

The Monarchs , Claymores , Rhine Fire etc

Was it down to lack of sponsorship ?

Zebs ......! wonder if you can answer a quick question we were debating last week ?

Why did the European American Football league pack up some years ago ?

I remember getting into regularly watching on a Sunday Afternoon

The Monarchs , Claymores , Rhine Fire etc

Was it down to lack of sponsorship ?

Ah yes - NFL Europe - which was setup as a spring league by the NFL to help develop players and coaches for playing back in the big league in the States. The NFL assumed the expenses of players and coaches living in Europe.

The league reportedly was losing about $30 million a season - so the decision was taken to wind up the league in 2007.

Adam Vinatieri and Kurt Warner both played in Amsterdam during the League's lifetime

Well the game went well - still learning the ropes so a few things were a bit rough around the edges.

Managed to flag a pretty good Pass Interference penalty (one of those textbook examples that chalked off what would have been a touchdown).

Worst part was the sideline I was in front of - they were testing me with comments and such, thankfully I used all my experience of dealing with difficult benches in a previous life to shut them down (including the effecting of deafness)

Back