A&H

Sending managers coaches off?

Zimmyman

What is the right procedure for persistent calling out all the time from managers or coaches does one red card them ? Send them from the ground ? If someone can inform me that would be Abbie help ! By the way it’s U 13-14 age group!

The Referee Store
In my experience, the best way to deal with managers like this is get in there first - when I speak to them pre-match, I always say that I'm happy to discuss all and any decisions at HT/FT and that I'm open to constructive feedback, and that I won't respond during the match. So far, this has seemed to work phenomenally well - in the couple of cases they've started shouting (and there will always be idiots regardless of what you do), I just remind them that I'll speak to them at the end of the game and they shut up.

If they do continue remonstrating, however, use the 'ask, tell, remove' procedure.

1) Ask them very politely to stop their behaviour.
2) If they persist and you have to go over again, tell them firmly but fairly that their behaviour is unacceptable and any more such behaviour will result in their removal.
3) If they're stupid enough to continue, simply inform them that you are removing them from the ground. You gave them ample warning. If they refuse to go, you can threaten abandonment ("I won't continue with this game until you leave") but you have to be prepared to follow through with this.

It's not an easy thing to get used to, but the ATR procedure does work in my experience, albeit it takes some getting used to.

@alexgr is spot on above.

Just remember, we don't use yellow or red cards for managers/team officials. This is only being trialled in the Football/National League.

Back