A&H

Schalke v City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben448844

RefChat Addict
Pen 1: Deliberate handball??? Player was moving his arm to behind his back from a shot hit with full power. Crazy decision and as booking too.

Pen 2: Excellent decision from the referee to award the pen. Rumours the attacker was offside but I haven't seen the replay

The Referee Store
As for Mr Waltons analysis. "He made a fist". I was all for referee analysis but I think they've picked the wrong guy!!!!

Pen 1: Deliberate handball??? Player was moving his arm to behind his back from a shot hit with full power. Crazy decision and as booking too.

Pen 2: Excellent decision from the referee to award the pen. Rumours the attacker was offside but I haven't seen the replay
1. What was his hand doing there in the first place?
2. Being in an offside position is not an offence. He is fouled before committing an offence.

1. What was his hand doing there in the first place?
2. Being in an offside position is not an offence. He is fouled before committing an offence.

I agree with the 2ns point having seen the replay. It is not an offence to have your hand away from your body and it's completely natural to do so when in the line of a shot. Try not doing it! It's what you do for balance in readiness for being hit.

1) 100% pen. [insert debate on handball law but under current law that’s a handball]

2) rumour may be true but as we know if a player in an offside position is fouled before he becomes active it’s a pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back