The Ref Stop

Rochdale Vs Walsall

Josh the referee

Level 7 Referee
Just flicked over to Ref Watch (don't know why 😂) and saw this incident.

The assistant has had an absolute mare, watch it and I think you'll all probably agree.

That is by far probably the worst decision given across the football pyramid this weekend somehow.

The Ref Stop
I saw this. Really poor decision. AR must have seen something to give it - rogue shadow or panicked because he was behind play.

To be honest, GLT should be introduced at football league standard anyway, but he did drop an almighty clanger here.

Nevertheless - he is probably a better ref/AR than I’ll ever be!

If the goal hadn't been given, I wonder what the referee would have done about the keeper catching the ball, then letting go of it and picking it up again... :confused:

Edit: Although he could possibly get away with calling that a save ... :hmmm:

Saw this on TT from the opposite side of the AR and behind the goal, didn't realise it was from a football league game.

When the AR flags, he is nowhere near being in line with the goal, can only imagine he thought the keeper carried the ball over the line in flight, but the keeper released the ball in flight and at no point appears to push the ball away from goal until it's made contact with the ground. :confused:video_20230410_131853_0.00.00.09.jpgvideo_20230410_131853_0.00.00.10.jpg

Last edited:
Just watched the full highlights on YouTube, there was a disallowed goal from a corner that I was confused about, anyone else seen that?

Back