A&H

RIP Johan Cryuff

The Referee Store
"In a way I'm probably immortal"

I shall wear my NY Cosmos shirt #14 shirt with sadness tonight.

First things first, Johan Cruyff's sad passing is a huge loss to the world of football. As a coach, I teach all young players the 'Cruyff' turn, how many other players have thatv?

Secondly, it is IMPOSSIBLE to compare players different generations, and always will be.

Thirdly, and finally, stop bickering about Ronaldo/Cruyff/Messi or I will simply delete the posts and issue warnings/thread bans.

Sadly (even at 42) not old enough to remember Cryuff in his prime, so my knowledge of his playing days is limited to archive footage.

Sad day for the football world.:(

However it must be said that nothing he did or achieved in the game will ever compare to THAT attempted chip by Geoff Thomas on the hallowed turf of the Empire Stadium! :D

For the second time in 3 days I find myself asking the Mods to delete one of my threads. You ****ers just can't acknowledge the passing of a great player without resorting to a generational p*ssing contest. **** it, I've had enough. @DanCohen17 @SM, @Tealeaf or @Ross , just take this thread down.

For the second time in 3 days I find myself asking the Mods to delete one of my threads. You ****ers just can't acknowledge the passing of a great player without resorting to a generational p*ssing contest. **** it, I've had enough. @DanCohen17 @SM, @Tealeaf or @Ross , just take this thread down.
Brian, I fully agree with this point. I've deleted the posts but don't want to take the thread down, or even close it, as Johan Cruyff's passing should continue to remain on our website

Reactions: SM
Brian, I endorse your tribute to a truly amazing footballer. I was lucky enough to see Holland play England at Wembley in 1977. The England team had Brooking, Keegan, Bowles, Francis, Beattie (if those names mean anything any more...) but we were humbled by the pure skill and total football of the "Dutch Masters" led by their captain Cruyff. He was a gifted, astonishing and intelligent player, and his team played a brand of football that opened my eyes as to just how beautiful this game can be. He will be sorely missed.

Back