santa sangria

RefChat Addict
8 short corporate 7-a-side games today
2 more tomorrow plus 3 11-a-side girls' games tomorrow night
1 on the line on Weds for a junior league game
4 7-a-side and 3 11-a-side girls/ladies on Thursday
3 11-a-side ladies playoffs Friday night
1 boys league middle on Saturday

It's not ridiculous because I count 25 games (a lot of them are short and/or half pitch).
It's not ridiculous because last week was my first game back after 4 weeks off after sinuplasty (not a big op and it went fine - just have to avoid a ball in the face, which did happen 6 weeks ago).
It's not even a ridiculous week because I twanged my adductor in my first game back (I was on the line, ref was late, no warm up:()

It's not ridiculous because at the start of the season I ran over 100km in games in the first 4 weeks of the season (April-May).
It's ridiculous because in those games I tied my boots too tight and got compacted big toe metatarsals in both feet. Horrible burning sensation after games that I thought at first was just rubbing! I had to have an x-ray and some physio. Now I have to wear toe spacers and use a massage ball on the soles of my feet every night. What a ridiculous f***wit!

The Referee Store
Tournament on Sunday.
Not ridiculous doing U10 girls all day
Not Ridiculous 7 mins a half
Not ridiculous having 20 mins time slots
A bit ridiculous having 7 teams in a group
Ridiculous because the organisers realised there were alot of games so only gave 15 minutes slots. Nobody realised until that group of games were over an hour behind despite a quick turn around.
.Very tired ref and players.
Organisers moaning how the refs can't keep to schedule.
Hope your injury gets better.

Tournament on Sunday.
Not ridiculous doing U10 girls all day
Not Ridiculous 7 mins a half
Not ridiculous having 20 mins time slots
A bit ridiculous having 7 teams in a group
Ridiculous because the organisers realised there were alot of games so only gave 15 minutes slots. Nobody realised until that group of games were over an hour behind despite a quick turn around.
.Very tired ref and players.
Organisers moaning how the refs can't keep to schedule.
Hope your injury gets better.
I know the feeling.
My 8 games yesterday were cut to 17 minutes each. And, yes, I finished one minute early.

10 year old penalty shoot out yesterday! It went to sudden death;)
And one of the best goals I've seen in ages. It was scored in the U18 women's semi final. Long move that ended in a scorching volley from 20 yards.
I have one more game left tomorrow. I'm not gonna lie. I hurt right now!

Results are in: 24 games, 86 kms, 90 goals. A load of corporate and girls' tournament football, including 4 hours non-stop in a scorching bubble and 2 hours in a swamp with driving rain. Amongst all that 2 ace boys' games. One as AR, great ref, great team work... one as ref with two great young ARs who both delivered perfectly - and by that I mean faultless flagging, excellent wait and sees at key match moments, great tips to instantly agree on the difficult throw ins. The little things.

It went really well. I never felt jaded. I think my communication was players was really good and I was consistent. I really learnt from a few youth games earlier this season when I was too strict. Positive comments. I wish I had been assessed in some of the U18 cup games to get an objective opinion.

Couple of talking points. One DOGSO/orange card decision that could have gone either way. I sold the YC. One GK control question in another thread.

That was a week at a slower pace of football. I have a really tricky mens' game on Weds. Hope I can adjust.

Back