A&H

richard scudamore

haywain

the voice of reason
Level 7 Referee
haven't seen what he wrote but, by the sound of it, the guy should resign. instead, he says sorry for a 'mistake' that he's made after 15 years in the job and greg dyke does feck all

perhaps i should rip my badge off my shirt and send it to my county f.a. ....

edit to add

just seen the article published in the mirror

he should be sacked

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/premier-league-boss-richard-scudamore-3524857

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Agree with you mate, should be sacked. What is stupid is that he sent the emails off his work account, one that is not only monitored but all emails sent to his PA?!

Right because there's never been a woman make remarks about David Beckham or Cristiano Ronaldo being fit either, right? Don't get me wrong, the remarks were unsavoury but I don't go in for the whole "men can't talk about women" thing.

From a work email account? In such a high visibility role and considering the anti discrimination agenda, he should be gone.

Send your questionable crap through personal email accounts for goodness sake.

Right because there's never been a woman make remarks about David Beckham or Cristiano Ronaldo being fit either, right? Don't get me wrong, the remarks were unsavoury but I don't go in for the whole "men can't talk about women" thing.

let just say that perhaps you and workplace law are not particularly well acquainted ;)

Incredibly poor from Scudamore. I can't believe that he would be stupid enough to put such remarks on a work email account.

Ryan, just saying something in a group of friends is one thing, but to send things like that from a work email account, particularly when you're in the public eye is just beyond stupid.

He has to go.

I think it's a terrible double standard to say "You can say it, you can think it, but don't you dare put it in an e-mail."

Not in a work email. :)

It's fine to be a sexist pig in his own time... I guess we do it to some degree with friends but you wouldn't go to work and spout the exact same stuff?

I think it's a terrible double standard to say "You can say it, you can think it, but don't you dare put it in an e-mail."

Do you honestly believe that Scudamore could actually say the things that he wrote in his email to his colleagues at work, male or female, and be able to justify it. try saying them to your gran, your mum, your sister or your girlfriend (delete where applicable) and see what they think. stop digging, ryan

No, I just think it's a bit rich for everyone to be so uproariously scandalized by it. It was daft and he should be reprimanded for it, but I don't understand why everyone is so scandalized by language they hear every day and, on some occasions, use.

Something about "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" is what I'm trying to get at, I think.

Its not over yet... by my reckoning he will be gone by the end of the month ;)

Back