A&H

Returning back to Refereeing

Reece

Level 6 Referee
Hi Everyone!

After 2/3 seasons out whilst I completed my PGCE and settled into my career I gave refereeing a break. However, I am looking to return back to it next season. Has anyone got any advice - especially when it comes to SINBINs

Thanks in advance :D

The Referee Store
Hi Everyone!

After 2/3 seasons out whilst I completed my PGCE and settled into my career I gave refereeing a break. However, I am looking to return back to it next season. Has anyone got any advice - especially when it comes to SINBINs

Thanks in advance :D

FA has some good interactive resources for recapping laws and decision making.

for sin bins I have an A&H set of cards - the yellow has a side with the sin bin protocols on them.

Did you re affiliate each season whilst on your break? If not I believe you’ll have to complete the course again. Or perhaps a refresher course. Correct me if I’m wrong though

Did you re affiliate each season whilst on your break? If not I believe you’ll have to complete the course again. Or perhaps a refresher course. Correct me if I’m wrong though

That's kind of correct. If you haven't been registered between two and five seasons you can just take the exam and will come back in at your previous level, but no higher than level 5. Any longer than five seasons and you have to take the entire course again and will be L7 regardless of any previous promotions.

Luck enough I made sure that I registered each year and kept up to date with DBS and Safeguarding etc. so hopefully all of that will be okay :)

That's kind of correct. If you haven't been registered between two and five seasons you can just take the exam and will come back in at your previous level, but no higher than level 5. Any longer than five seasons and you have to take the entire course again and will be L7 regardless of any previous promotions.
That rule may well change now the new course format is in place - we shall see!

Back