A&H

Return of the snood

DaveMac

RefChat Addict
Level 7 Referee
So this weekend the snoods returned. Must have told about about 6 players to remove them. Obviously to a chorus of last weeks ref let them wear them.

One lad though, u11 was there just shorts and short sleeve top, proper brick hard that is. He even done his warm up without a jumper on! The loon.

The Referee Store
Prefect for golf & assessing in this weather.

Never on a football field.

Thing is I think they look silly as well. Like a player is running about in a neck brace. So silly. I can understand hat or gloves, but never during a football match have I felt my neck needed extra warmth.

I used to wear one when I played as a 'keeper in the winter, especially if it was raining or snowing. Mainly because most of the other teams in the league were awful and I spent quite a lot of time jumping up and down on the edge of the penalty area trying to keep warm.

I had two today and they didn't understand or envisage any issues with them wearing them , my final remark was they are now illegal to wear anyway !

Would be a no no for me - potentially the same dangers as wearing a Snood would bring.

I always get the "But Tevez wears one".

To which I now answer "...And id tell him to take it off too"

To be honest I dont understand players wearing gloves , the professional players make me laugh with gloves on wearing a short sleeve shirt !

What manner of man wears a snood? :rolleyes: Perhaps I am now too old to see the fashion in it :drink:
A nearly 50 year old Assessor who is frozen on the touchline.......when the wind blows

To be honest I dont understand players wearing gloves , the professional players make me laugh with gloves on wearing a short sleeve shirt !
you do lose the most bodyheat from extremities

I once wore gloves with a short sleeved top (and no underlay) on an evening games as AR.

Never. Again. The banter was too much.

Back