The Ref Stop

Reporting cards after youth tournament

ThatWasShocking

Hey, just a quick question

Did a final game of your typical summer youth tournament. Had to send off big baby of a coach after two yellows including one for wasting time by throwing the ball further away away after it went out for a throw in. First one was for gobbing off non stop

Then one of the players calls me dickhead so it's straight red. Do I do the reporting via wholegame as usual?

Did quite a few of those tournaments but never had a situation like this

The Ref Stop

Did a final game of your typical summer youth tournament. Had to send off big baby of a coach after two yellows including one for wasting time by throwing the ball further away away after it went out for a throw in. First one was for gobbing off non stop

Then one of the players calls me dickhead so it's straight red. Do I do the reporting via wholegame as usual?

I had a red in a youth tournament semi final a few weeks back. I sent it in to CFA. But they discarded it as bc it was a tournament it didn’t need to be put on wholegame unless it was extrodinary. If possible try to seek guidance from the people who run the tournament abt what next steps you should take as this may be different in your case or CFA

Assuming the tournament was sanctioned by your County FA, the tournament organisers will have had to submit the tournament rules prior to it being sanctioned, which should have stated whether cards would be submitted to the CFA or dealt with 'in-house' by the organisers themselves. However, I would suggest that for a manager being dismissed (particularly in a youth tournament), you should be having a word with your County about it.

Whose throw in was it?
I only ask because it's a topical law point at the minute, but if a manager delays the restart by the opposition, it's a straight red card.

Assuming the tournament was sanctioned by your County FA, the tournament organisers will have had to submit the tournament rules prior to it being sanctioned, which should have stated whether cards would be submitted to the CFA or dealt with 'in-house' by the organisers themselves. However, I would suggest that for a manager being dismissed (particularly in a youth tournament), you should be having a word with your County about it.
I've heard it's not his first rodeo but somehow he always gets away with stuff. Wouldn't care if it was men's team but these are kids and I could see there already picking up his traits, or. kid calling me offensive names

Last edited by a moderator:
to shave some time off of that sin bin
On the odd occasion I have had to sin bin (always in friendlies for some reason) I am normally somewhat relaxed about how much time the ball is actually in play (tend to allow up to 90 seconds of the 8 mins (youth games!) through natural stoppages at different points to count), but if it is that obvious what the coach is trying to do I'd be making sure every single second from that point on is served whilst the ball is in play to essentially remind them who is in charge of the timing.

Ah yeah I made sure of that cause prior to that he was running down the sideline with his phone shouting he was timing it holding his phone up in the air and apparently it was already time to let the player back on. Player didn't return after the manager was sent off in the end

Back