A&H

Refsix in the rain.

jbrammer19

Level 6 Referee
Hi everyone,

I'm an avid refsix user, I think it's great for keeping track of everything, especially useful for admin purposes post match as well and looking at previous games and so on, however I'm finding that if it's raining at any point during a game, I'm struggling to use it on my watch. Now I'm presuming this is more of a watch problem than refsix problem, I'm using refsix on a slightly older watch now (Galaxy Watch 4) and the screen seems to be sensitive to water, rendering it useless when water gets on it. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions (without replacing the watch preferably) on how to avoid this or get around this.

Thanks in advance.

A&H International
If you browse my posts on refsix you'll realise I am actually no help.

But just chucking this out there if anyone wants to guinea pig it...

Rain X rain repellant. I wonder if that would help.

You're welcome if you try it and it works. Apologies if your watch is wrecked. 😏

Last edited:
If you browse my posts on refsix you'll realise I am actually no help.

But just chucking this out there if anyone wants to guinea pig it...

Rain X rain repellant. I wonder if that would help.

You're welcome if you try it and it works. Apologies if your watch is wrecked. 😏
I use this on my glasses! Works a charm

Has your watch got buttons, if so you can set it so that it doesn’t react to screen gestures and just use the buttons within the REFSIX settings.

Has your watch got buttons, if so you can set it so that it doesn’t react to screen gestures and just use the buttons within the REFSIX settings.
I know my Apple Watch (series 3) has buttons but this isn't possible on my watch (I don't think!). Good thing to try though as it may on others.

Quick swipe of the watch on my sweatband and good to go. Never had an issue in the rain
Good tip about the wristband - will try it next time with RefSix on my Garmin not accepting a caution on Sunday (despite the offender helpfully trying to block the rain with his hand!), followed by the transparent sticker on my cards being too wet for me Sharpie, but thankfully had my wallet, paper and pencil instead!

Good tip about the wristband - will try it next time with RefSix on my Garmin not accepting a caution on Sunday (despite the offender helpfully trying to block the rain with his hand!), followed by the transparent sticker on my cards being too wet for me Sharpie, but thankfully had my wallet, paper and pencil instead!
Tattoo gun next? 😂 or take ten yellow cards out and physically hand them to offenders and get them back in the changing room 😂

Just on the edge of Dartmoor I was.

We had a three day weather warning for rain in the South... Everywhere soaked through already. Hopefully not a sign of the weather to come 👀

Just on the edge of Dartmoor I was.

We had a three day weather warning for rain in the South... Everywhere soaked through already. Hopefully not a sign of the weather to come 👀
We had the rain Saturday night, woke me up with thunder etc (which I usually sleep right through so it must have been bad). We can't have another winter as bad as last year. Surely?!

We had the rain Saturday night, woke me up with thunder etc (which I usually sleep right through so it must have been bad). We can't have another winter as bad as last year. Surely?!
Summer is well and truly done here. Hardly had one in truth and the wet stuff is starting early!

Back