A&H

Refchat Helped me - 1st game V 4th game

Don’t get it Nalbi, I’ll have to get someone to show me on a pitch, I understand what the word diagonal means and I get what u say about keeping play between me and the Lino on the diagonal but i have no clue what u do when the ball is booted 100yrds upfield and then 50yrds accross field I mean I just don’t get what your supposed to do & where your supposed to run.

Just go "F**k" under your breath, and sprint.

The Referee Store
Don’t get it Nalbi, I’ll have to get someone to show me on a pitch, I understand what the word diagonal means and I get what u say about keeping play between me and the Lino on the diagonal but i have no clue what u do when the ball is booted 100yrds upfield and then 50yrds accross field I mean I just don’t get what your supposed to do & where your supposed to run.
You do what the rest of us do........run like f#=k to catch up with play on the shortest route possible then adjust back to the diagonal....not rocket science!
You may need to sharpen up your anticipation of what might be coming next so you're halfway there before they hoof it up field again.......
Conversely you could adopt a circular path of patrol......keeps you equidistant from nearly all kmi's....

You do what the rest of us do........run like f#=k to catch up with play on the shortest route possible then adjust back to the diagonal....not rocket science!
You may need to sharpen up your anticipation of what might be coming next so you're halfway there before they hoof it up field again.......
Conversely you could adopt a circular path of patrol......keeps you equidistant from nearly all kmi's....

Or say sod it and hope the Dog and Duck FC are playing a Sweeper keeper to punt it back your way. :p

Or say sod it and hope the Dog and Duck FC are playing a Sweeper keeper to punt it back your way. :p
Aye, that was always an added bonus.......except when both teams play sweeper keeper or as its known in these parts 'foot tennis which = dizzy spell...

If FIFA recommend 19 yards as the optimum viewing distance then how can being 20*meres plus in two areas be a good thing??

Ah, that's why I'm not really rigid on the diagonal when with CAR's. I'm unlucky enough that most of my matches like to use the corners on the far side of my supposed patrol route. I may as well inverse my diagonal sometimes!

Don’t worry mate, it will come with experience.

You don’t need to stick rigidly to the diagonal as that will (at times) leave you well Away from play and thus be unable to see stuff.

You should always endeavour to keep play between you and your assistant, but you can move across the pitch to “squeeze” play if you need to.

Some may disagree with me but I think certainly at grass roots it’s more important that you are where you need to be to see what you need to see.

Back