Red - yellow - no card?

• Red

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 24 92.3%
  • No card

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The ball is in a playable position, two players both make a legitimate play for the ball.....yes there's a foul, period. Neither reckless nor excessive force.
You don't think a player coming in straight-legs, studs up i the region of where a follow-through is likely to occur is reckless?

The Referee Store
You don't think a player coming in straight-legs, studs up i the region of where a follow-through is likely to occur is reckless?
Not in these circumstances although I suppose I could see my way to meteng out equal treatment to both players, they are after all said and done, carrying out exactly the same action..........

Not in these circumstances although I suppose I could see my way to meteng out equal treatment to both players, they are after all said and done, carrying out exactly the same action..........
One of them is going up with the top of his boot, the other is going down/horizontal leading with his studs. That's not the same action at all. The contact is at around knee height. If the green/white player makes that same movement and his studs hit the opponent's knee, he's probably walking.

One of them is going up with the top of his boot, the other is going down/horizontal leading with his studs. That's not the same action at all. The contact is at around knee height. If the green/white player makes that same movement and his studs hit the opponent's knee, he's probably walking.
No, not really....its mistimed.....if the fouled player isn't fouled, he'll follow through and commit a foul himself.....

No, not really....its mistimed.....if the fouled player isn't fouled, he'll follow through and commit a foul himself.....
Studs first into the opponent's knee doesn't describe a stonewall red card to you?

I'm not saying I'd dismiss for the offense in the clip shown - there's no knee involved for a start! But I do think a yellow is suitable, as the action in question in a slightly different context could be very nasty.

Still below. As I said before, straight leg, high foot, studs showing, it is ticking all of the boxes for SFP for me. The saving grace is the opponent is kicking into it rather than having a planted leg, but it is still not a very clever challenge at all.

6gylci.jpg

Lol. Its all about timing isnt it?
Or you can freeze frame at the exact point of contact. Knee slightly bent and studs pointing completely downwards.

1548286464229.png

As we all know, stills are a waste of time. But it's comical that this video has been scrutinised down to individual frames!
@Mintyref has won first prize for most accurate assessment
The ball is in a playable position, two players both make a legitimate play for the ball.....yes there's a foul, period
I suspect that those who think this is a big deal, have not played the game as much as others
Nonetheless, I'd expect a YC (or even worse) in the professional game, because elite refs are rarely footballers either

They have both done the perfectly natural thing and went to kick the ball
One got there slightly earlier than the other
Both are in the expected motion of kicking the ball,
Foul, yellow card
SFP, no, unless you can talk it into one....

Back