A&H

Random question ref referee secretaries

zarathustra

RefChat Addict
evening all,

Bit of random question, but does anyone know if referee secretaries use a specific tool for putting officials to matches, keeping track of closed dates etc?

Basically I'm doing a couple of MS database courses and I want to set a little project for myself, namely to create an app that could be used for this sort of thing.

I'm not planning on it actually being used, it's just for my own education, I'd be interested to hear about how people currently do this, and whether there are any features people would find useful.

The Referee Store
Most would rely on the built in features of either mitoo or full time for this. Mitoo has a calendar that the refs mark as open or closed and the sec cant allocate unless it is marked.

Full time doesn't allow referees to close dates. Most referee appointment secretaries I know have their own methods around A4 books and Excel spreadsheets. They are also creatures of habit and often have records stretching back 10 years or more.

Thanks guys.

I started putting the foundations together this evening namely the first 5 databases and importing some test data (154 teams and 100 refs).

I plan on starting off with very basic stuff, and bolt on more nifty features as time goes by.

I'm going web based so there'll also be mobile compatibility etc too.

Back