A&H

Rams v Cottagers

The Referee Store
I thought it was harsh.
If he had var I'd imagine he might have seen it overruled.
Other than that, I think the refs had a good game.
Rightfully corrected an issue where he blew for a back pass that took a nick on it's way to the keeper. We're all human and can gracefully admit, and amend, mistakes.

I thought it was harsh.
If he had var I'd imagine he might have seen it overruled.
Other than that, I think the refs had a good game.
Rightfully corrected an issue where he blew for a back pass that took a nick on it's way to the keeper. We're all human and can gracefully admit, and amend, mistakes.

Anybody have a clip? (From a VAR perspective, I think it would take a lot to overturn a handball PK on the grounds it was not deliberate--with current standards, I think it would be hard to get to clear error in that direction.)

Anybody have a clip? (From a VAR perspective, I think it would take a lot to overturn a handball PK on the grounds it was not deliberate--with current standards, I think it would be hard to get to clear error in that direction.)

Taken from sky sports highlights...
Its about 40 seconds in.

Bit of a tell tale in that the only player not to complain was the one penalised. His arm is out and it did move so I can certainly see why it was given.

Bit of a tell tale in that the only player not to complain was the one penalised. His arm is out and it did move so I can certainly see why it was given.
Would you not take into consideration how close it was to him, how close the arm remained to his body. In my opinion was a very natural position.

Would you not take into consideration how close it was to him, how close the arm remained to his body. In my opinion was a very natural position.

If his arm hadn't moved I would agree, but it did and I think the player reaction shows that he knew what he had done.

o think it’s tough to tell from that clip—certainly nothing that makes it clear it was wrong—and R had a better look.

Back