A&H

Quiet start to retirement (not)

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Retiring, early!, from work on Friday.

Offered my services to referee I was out with a week or so ago, who co ordinates referees for local girls/women's tournament taking place this long weekend.

He said that club organising it provide own referees for first two days (U9 - U16) and he had enough for Monday (O/A) but would let me know if anyone dropped out - "unlikely" he said.

He rang me this morning needing me Saturday afternoon , Sunday am and possibly all day Monday!

I now have a family commitment Sunday but am booked for Saturday & on stand by for Monday - people keep asking me 'What are you going to do when you rertire?":)

Anyone else "working" this BH (UK) weekend?

The Referee Store
Retirement can open up a whole new range of refereeing opportunities. I've a mate who retired last year and he's in big demand for school football which tends to be played on mid week afternoons. As you are finding out, tournaments often take place at least partly on week days. Evening games through the summer can also be difficult to cover with work commitments. You might find you're refereeing more than ever!

I haven't currently registered for next season as the body and mind are saying NOOOOOOO.

No doubt come August these dizzy halcyon thoughts may be merely a blur.... I hope not, i'm bushed!!!

Retirement can open up a whole new range of refereeing opportunities. I've a mate who retired last year and he's in big demand for school football which tends to be played on mid week afternoons. As you are finding out, tournaments often take place at least partly on week days. Evening games through the summer can also be difficult to cover with work commitments. You might find you're refereeing more than ever!

That's the hope! Good day on Saturday - ended up doing 17! (10 min) games - the first 13 back to back!

Also did a play off, 2 x semis and a final - very enjoyable!

Back