A&H

Quickest goal?

The Referee Store
There was the same goal ten miles along the road, around Xmas, Maryhill v Clybebank, it was posted on here, not for the feat of scoring, but whether to disallow it as a team mate had his beard overhanging in the opponents half at the kick off.

I saw a Sheffield legend do it for real once, from the restart after a goal tho.

There was the same goal ten miles along the road, around Xmas, Maryhill v Clybebank, it was posted on here, not for the feat of scoring, but whether to disallow it as a team mate had his beard overhanging in the opponents half at the kick off.

I saw a Sheffield legend do it for real once, from the restart after a goal tho.
Can you score a goal from an overhanging beard is the question? Which Sheffield legend do you speak of??

Chris Maguire scored similar goal for Scotland but was in 75th minute following a restart from a conceded goal.

As did my Sheffield man in question. Thing is, next times the teams met, the player said to the keeper, "you know last time I scored from half way line, today, am gonna score from a corner"

First half, bang, hit the bar......second half......yip, straight in. Am 100% sure (indeed from the man himself) that this is no urban legend......

Not sure what was more impressive the goal or his Simon Cowel impression with his shorts.

CHRIS MAGUIRE :poop:, please, he's found his level at Bury FC this season (and they've just been relegated to the 4th division!!) He may be Bellshills Finest but he's not a legend around these parts!! :cry:

CHRIS MAGUIRE :poop:, please, he's found his level at Bury FC this season (and they've just been relegated to the 4th division!!) He may be Bellshills Finest but he's not a legend around these parts!! :cry:

Sorry if off topic. But boring fact. I have as referee sent off a player for fouling Maguire, and, also as AR advised the referee to send off a player for, fouling Maguire......

Back