The Ref Stop

Quick Question About WholeGame Dismissal

OldNavyRef

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Wholegame codes from someone smarter than me please.

Had assistant manager/physio (same person doing both roles) come on today to treat a player.

Was unhappy with my decision not to book the player that injured his player. I tried to make distance. But AM/physio whilst treating the player on the pitch loudly shouted I've ruined the game a few times.

So I made the decision in my head to caution him. But I would wait until treatment was complete.

Once the injured player and physio were off the pitch and I showed the yellow card and asked for his name. Physio proceeded to tell me he's on the team sheet and all this because I ruined the game. So an awkward amount of time would past. No attempt to leave the dugout to converse with me and a clear second attempt at dissent. I just showed a red.

At this point. He started calling me a c***, f***** and a t*** etc etc as he walked off.

So now I am at the fun part of inputting the data and I am well aware one administration error means that they will pounce on you.

So just wondering what I report it as. I am thinking: Under 'non playing participant' - 'Receiving a second caution in the same match'

Then possibly an extraordinary report for the post dismissal explosion?

Thanks!

The Ref Stop
I would treat as a player first named on team sheet as one.
It he was the named physio he shouldnt have been sent off - we'll be should have but is allowed to remain to treat players. It he continues not behaving then you're then faced with abandoning the match unless someone else is able to act as physio

I would treat as a player first named on team sheet as one.
It he was the named physio he shouldnt have been sent off - we'll be should have but is allowed to remain to treat players. It he continues not behaving then you're then faced with abandoning the match unless someone else is able to act as physio
They didn't have a named Physio. He was just doing it. Was at county level, so a little more formal. He didn't appeal wanting to stay. Just walked off immediately. So I didn't question that aspect of things.

Your first sentence has broken my brain.

You would treat as a player named on teamsheet as one?

They didn't have a named Physio. He was just doing it. Was at county level, so a little more formal. He didn't appeal wanting to stay. Just walked off immediately. So I didn't question that aspect of things.

Your first sentence has broken my brain.

You would treat as a player named on teamsheet as one?
Yeh. Send @one off.

Sorry. I read it as they were named as a player on team sheet. So do them as a player rather the a non-playing participant is what it was meant to say

Yeh. Send @one off.

Sorry. I read it as they were named as a player on team sheet. So do them as a player rather the a non-playing participant is what it was meant to say
Ah right. No they weren't a player. Solely a member of the non playing staff.

Also what has @one done to deserve this.

Back