A&H

Proper Football

A&H International
Have to say I loved going to St Mary's last year when they were in the Championship and there was no VAR. Suppose I won't have long to wait to experience that again...!

On a serious note, the above clip has prompted my to ask a question I've been meaning to ask. When a player is on the ground and has the ball either trapped between their legs or under their body, is this covered in the LOTG anywhere? Always seems to result in a stoppage and a dropped ball unless they get rid of it quickly but just wondered if there was anything official?

Have to say I loved going to St Mary's last year when they were in the Championship and there was no VAR. Suppose I won't have long to wait to experience that again...!

On a serious note, the above clip has prompted my to ask a question I've been meaning to ask. When a player is on the ground and has the ball either trapped between their legs or under their body, is this covered in the LOTG anywhere? Always seems to result in a stoppage and a dropped ball unless they get rid of it quickly but just wondered if there was anything official?
A player deliberately smothering the ball and not making an immediate attempt to 'dismount' is Playing in a Dangerous Manner (IDFK to opposition) because they're inviting a 'good kicking' upon themselves. This becomes a difficult call when its a defender close to his/her/their own goal

A minute of absolute madness!

For the QPR goal:
  • Handball missed by the Sheff W defender on the line from the header?
  • PIADM by the Sheff W defender on the floor?
  • Handball by both Sheff W and QPR player shortly before it dropped and was scored?
I am amazed the ref didn't blow the whistle during the chaos to get control the situation and protect a player from getting a kicking but I am glad he didn't! Most entertaining bit of football i've seen for years!

A minute of absolute madness!

For the QPR goal:
  • Handball missed by the Sheff W defender on the line from the header?
  • PIADM by the Sheff W defender on the floor?
  • Handball by both Sheff W and QPR player shortly before it dropped and was scored?
I am amazed the ref didn't blow the whistle during the chaos to get control the situation and protect a player from getting a kicking but I am glad he didn't! Most entertaining bit of football i've seen for years!
I'm not sure it was HB
Bit like Bournemouth 'Shouldergate' against NUFC a few weeks back
Nobody even complains! I don't think anyone has any clue about what just happened. Like shellshock
Yes the Ref could've blown for a 'safe' defensive FK at any time (assuming no DOGSO-HB), but it's refreshing that he didn't!

Last edited:
I'm not sure it was HB
Bit like Bournemouth 'Shouldergate' against NUFC a few weeks back
Nobody even complains! I don't think anyone has any clue about what just happened. Like shellshock
Yes the Ref could've blown for a 'safe' defensive FK at any time (assuming no DOGSO-HB), but it's refreshing that he didn't!
The Wednesday keeper Beadle certainly complained, given there was a QPR player sat on top of him at one point. But a lot to sort out for the officials there and can't really blame them for missing it.

1726512238334.png

@The Ginger Ref I don't think you can argue handball. For the record the ball in the screenshot below is moving away from the defender after 1 frame, very obviously touching the peak of his shoulder.

1726520898376.png

1726521005334.png

Back