A&H

Promotion? What promotion

Phonesurgeon

Cook, Cleaner and Bottle Washer
Level 7 Referee
For the second time, I've gone through the rigmarole of applying, paying the fee, follow procedures.
I had 1 observed/coaching game, went better than expected. And that's it. No second.
Email RDO several times, no reply! Why do I bother.

As I'm living close to 2 different CFA, can I migrate to other one?

A&H International
For the second time, I've gone through the rigmarole of applying, paying the fee, follow procedures.
I had 1 observed/coaching game, went better than expected. And that's it. No second.
Email RDO several times, no reply! Why do I bother.

As I'm living close to 2 different CFA, can I migrate to other one?
I thought the fee was only paid once.
And secondly, the progression pathway has changed so your games you have done should/will carry over.

Have you tried phoning? Failing that could you go up the line and raise it there?

can I migrate to other one?
Yes. For the simple reason of wanting experience on adult lines next season at a level outside the NLS (therefore with less pressure etc), I'm now affiliated with 2 CFAs (one of the leagues operates across 4 CFAs so guess they count too). Just email and ask, or find a league outside your CFA who's happy to put you in touch.

I thought the fee was only paid once.
And secondly, the progression pathway has changed so your games you have done should/will carry over.

Have you tried phoning? Failing that could you go up the line and raise it there?
Not from last season, First time I tried was season after covid lockdowns

Yes. For the simple reason of wanting experience on adult lines next season at a level outside the NLS (therefore with less pressure etc), I'm now affiliated with 2 CFAs (one of the leagues operates across 4 CFAs so guess they count too). Just email and ask, or find a league outside your CFA who's happy to put you in touch.

Not so much for the less pressure, its because in the other CFA things are running smoother. And from feedback received from colleagues at same level, opportunities are equally shared, whereas my current CFA RDO, doesnt wanna know if you aren't in the CORE program, making older referees like myself kind of class B or C referees

can I migrate to other one?

Sadly not. Affiliating is one thing but your parent county is based upon your the boundary of which association you reside.
If there is overlap then there has to be mutual agreement between the 2 who is responsible for training etc.
You can affiliate with another association but the parent association remains the same.

This is set out in the FA handbook

@JamesL
My CFA is west, but half miles down road from me the relevant CFA is north, no overlapping.
What I wanted to know (from my none existing RDO) what happens to my promotion?
Paid the fee, done the modules, done paperwork pre and post game, but only 1 assessed/coaching game.
Does this goes into next season? If so potentially could go for double jump?

@JamesL
My CFA is west, but half miles down road from me the relevant CFA is north, no overlapping.
What I wanted to know (from my none existing RDO) what happens to my promotion?
Paid the fee, done the modules, done paperwork pre and post game, but only 1 assessed/coaching game.
Does this goes into next season? If so potentially could go for double jump?
Yes. The new pathway allows games to carry over between promotion windows.

Are you doing everything you should be? Mainly letting the relevant person know wha games you have been appointed. Often this isn't the RDO but another person who appoints MDCs.

Yes I am.
RDO sent me 2 links, 1st pre game sheet and 2nd post game sheet. I compiled those religiously as soon as I have been appointed.

Also what type of matches counts towards promotion? Saturday open age mens I know, do Sunday open age women count?
I know any juniors don't.

Yes I am.
RDO sent me 2 links, 1st pre game sheet and 2nd post game sheet. I compiled those religiously as soon as I have been appointed.

Also what type of matches counts towards promotion? Saturday open age mens I know, do Sunday open age women count?
I know any juniors don't.
All the criteria for games refereed and other requirements for 7>6 are on the FA website, and should be on your local CFA website too.

Back