The Ref Stop

Promotion Scheme

kje2198

Evening folks,

Quick question I have worked a lot in women’s football in my previous experience coaching etc, and this is something I could be interested in as a match official. I know the promotion scheme is different for the women’s game, as a Level 7 (qualified in May) is this something worth pursuing (and applying for promotion in) or am I likely to encounter issues due to being a 4W in the women’s game but only a L7 in the men’s game.

Thanks in advance people 🙂

The Ref Stop
Should be no issue. They are separate pathways so your level in one doesn't map across to the other, but other than that it's the same laws of the game.

The whole reason for the women's pathway existing is that you don't have to officiate men's football at all to make progress. It won't affect your prospects at all to stay a L7 in the men's pathway if you want to dedicate yourself to women's football. In fact the FA are wanting to see more referees focused entirely on the women's pathway so it could work in your favour.

It's probably worth noting here that you can't do a women's promotion alongside a mens anymore. For example you can't for 7-6 in the same period you go 4w-3w. You are committing to that pathway for that promotion season.

I went from Level 7-5, I used plenty of women's game to do this.

It specifies open age, and not a gender.

So just food for thought.

Back