The Ref Stop

Promotion/Academy Teams/Assistant Refs help

forrestforever

Level 2 Referee
Hi,
I have a few questions after looking through the site today and don't have a feeling my local FA would be able to help me based on the amount of time they take to do anything. I've probably reffed 20 games this season, U14's-U18's boys and girls.

Im wondering:
- how you ask to go up a level and what it requires and what it even means when you go up Level 6?
- how you can get into academy games as I'm local to Sutton Coldfield so have a few on my doorstep.
- how do you gain more expereince and run the line (officially) for teams?
- It was mentioned on the course that the FA provide training for refs and regular get togethers of some kind to discuss ref things, any ideas?
- how do you preseason games/tournamounts, are they assigned or are you asked by teams?

Any help would be great :) :)

The Ref Stop
To go for promotion you will need to apply to your local FA. You can only do this once a season so unfortunately you'll have to wait till next if you want to move up. You will be observed (hopefully 3 times covid permitting) and given a mark which hopefully will be enough to move up. You can find the criteria in the resources section on this site.

Once you move up you will be able to do leagues that require you to be level 6. You will also move up in standing in the eyes of your county.

I don't know how it works with other academy's but up here you contact them and ask to be put on the mailing list. Your FA should be able to pass on your details.

For running the line go to senior leagues, these should be listed on your FA's website and contact them saying you would like to run the line.

Regular meetings vary FA to FA however I would recommend joining your local RA as these do run monthly meetings / events.

As for pre season teams should contact you however occasionally the FA may send an email around about tournaments.

Your FA will 100% be able to help you with these questions and I've only explained briefly. If you want more details just let me know and I'll get back to you later.

Hi,
I have a few questions after looking through the site today and don't have a feeling my local FA would be able to help me based on the amount of time they take to do anything. I've probably reffed 20 games this season, U14's-U18's boys and girls.

Im wondering:
- how you ask to go up a level and what it requires and what it even means when you go up Level 6?
- how you can get into academy games as I'm local to Sutton Coldfield so have a few on my doorstep.
- how do you gain more expereince and run the line (officially) for teams?
- It was mentioned on the course that the FA provide training for refs and regular get togethers of some kind to discuss ref things, any ideas?
- how do you preseason games/tournamounts, are they assigned or are you asked by teams?

Any help would be great :) :)

Find out who your RDO is and contact them.

Your RDO should be able to answer all of the questions above and steer you in the right direction. (That's their job ;)). :)👍

Back