A&H

Promotion 18/19

Well my promotion attempt has taken another hit already.

I’ve had to close all my remaining dates for the season due to injury.

That leaves me with 18 games to get in before March 2019, instead of the 13 it should have been.

Should be doable, but if the weather is bad it might be a struggle

Sorry to hear about the injury, hope it's nothing too serious. Important thing is to pace yourself and don't rush back, get a good pre season and hit the ground running come August.

The Referee Store

That leaves me with 18 games to get in before March 2019, instead of the 13 it should have been.

Never good to get an injury. Best of luck with the recovery, and if you miss out this season, you've always got the next one to bounce back to. :)

Thanks guys.

I don’t think it’s anything too serious, just a bit of runners or jumpers knee that came out of nowhere the week before last, and a touch of lower back pain but I think it’s probably all related.

I had an operation on my l ft leg back in 2007 and had a chunk of muscle removed and ever since my right leg is prone to niggling injuries.

The annoying thing is I missed out on my 6-5 in the promotion scheme just gone due to picking up an injury in October, and it’s just not been quite the same since.

Book d in with the physio next week so hopefully I’ll have plenty of time for a proper rehab period follow d by plenty of time to build up my fitness again.

Spinning this slightly, great time to have an injury promotion wise. Plenty of recovery time for you now (assuming an August start, more if September) so you can be at peak fitness and ready to go. Weather isn’t great either so postponements are likely meaning the number of games will remain about the same too. Hopefully you won’t be too disadvantaged by it

Spinning this slightly, great time to have an injury promotion wise. Plenty of recovery time for you now (assuming an August start, more if September) so you can be at peak fitness and ready to go. Weather isn’t great either so postponements are likely meaning the number of games will remain about the same too. Hopefully you won’t be too disadvantaged by it

True, and if I can stay injury free next season I should hit 20 games before Christmas (weather depending).

Not ideal @zarathustra and gutting. The only potential saving grace is that this season is almost at a close. It will mean you have more to do come September and potentially doing both Saturday's and Sunday's if needed in September/October time. I know our RDO is pretty reasonable so if you fall short by 1 or 2 you could still be okay.

Had my second observation this weekend, a last minute (night before) fixture change which resulted in top v bottom and a one-sided scoreline. It is therefore likely that this one won't count as one of my observations.

Not ideal @zarathustra and gutting. The only potential saving grace is that this season is almost at a close. It will mean you have more to do come September and potentially doing both Saturday's and Sunday's if needed in September/October time. I know our RDO is pretty reasonable so if you fall short by 1 or 2 you could still be okay.

Had my second observation this weekend, a last minute (night before) fixture change which resulted in top v bottom and a one-sided scoreline. It is therefore likely that this one won't count as one of my observations.

Yeah, I normally referee Saturday and Sunday anyway, so hopefully it won’t take me too long to hit the magic number, providing I can stay injury free.

I’m just trying to decide whether to stick with Ladies football on Sunday afternoons, or go back to the Neanderthals on a Sunday morning

1 Sunday league a month potentially gives you 5 games before the end of the promotion season so may be worthwhile purely for the numbers

Back