A&H

Pre-Course info

TommmC

Sorry if this seem like a stupid question, but does anyone know when the county FA sends the pre-course packs or whatever is actually sent and when does this usually happen?

Aswell, on the first day of the course do i need to take anything that proves who i am? Passport photo, FA Number?

Thanks

The Referee Store
Sorry if this seem like a stupid question, but does anyone know when the county FA sends the pre-course packs or whatever is actually sent and when does this usually happen?

Aswell, on the first day of the course do i need to take anything that proves who i am? Passport photo, FA Number?

Thanks
Take passport/driving license for criminal background check

Take passport/driving license for criminal background check

Yes, if one of the instructors is a trained and approved CRC validator they will be able to validate your identity. You need more than driving license and passport though, as you need one document from group 1 (passport, UK / EEA driving license, biometric residence permit, adoption certificate, birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth) and two further from a combination of group 1, group 2a (non-UK/EEA driving license, birth certificate issued after 12 months of birth, marriage certificate, immigration document / visa work permit, forces ID card, firearms license) and group 2b (financial documents such as mortgage statement, bank statement, credit card statement, P45 or P60, council tax statement, utility bill excluding mobile phone, etc). At least one of the three documents must have your current address.

I have recently completed the course in Lancs and we got sent a pre course pack about 2 weeks before to complete but I assume this can differ between local FA's.

We got told if you were over 16 you had to bring 2 forms of ID along with photocopies of the ID's. A birth certificate and passport for the purposes of a DBS check but there was a list of other acceptable ID's, one from each category as RustyRef says.

There was a link on the pre course pack to apply for a DBS which does take a couple of weeks to come back however you can do the course before it does. There was also a safeguarding course to book which you have to do before you can ref! Again all the information was in the pre course pack.

Hope this helps and good luck on the course 👍

Back