A&H

Pre 21st Century Football

The Referee Store
I know from regular posts on other threads, you’re more inclined to side with what used to be acceptable in football, but do people actually want to see this anymore? And would people want to play at grassroots level if this was all still acceptable in the modern game? I certainly wouldn’t want to referee it

I know from regular posts on other threads, you’re more inclined to side with what used to be acceptable in football, but do people actually want to see this anymore? And would people want to play at grassroots level if this was all still acceptable in the modern game? I certainly wouldn’t want to referee it
This is pretty extreme but football has existed pretty well untouched for around 170 years.... The kicked used to kick back you know, ask Pele or Maradona!! It was a battle and they all shook hands at the end....and then cotton wool was invented!!! ;)

Of course, nobody wants to go back 30 years, but the modern game is too soft for me. Diving & cheating has replaced risk of injury (Of these two, I know which I'd prefer)

Why it was great fun. You didn't get all the appealing for cautions, the players just sorted out themselves.

Shall we start a campaign to bring back 70s football, no internet, no live tv, limited foreigners, and footballers not drunk on money, agents and their cloths branding website shenanigans!

They call me the Brexit referee, they were happy to see the back of me for all the wrong reasons but now they realise what they had a few are asking for me to come back! 🥴

Back