A&H

Potential DOGSO

micky2001

First game back this season on Monday due to a number of factors. Anyway, good game with 1 red for DOGSO and 3 yellows for dissent, all to greens. Both teams ended with 10 because blacks had no subs and a player was injured.

Wanted to check something, it was 1-0 to black team and the greens were attacking. Black team Player pulls back the green player just outside the box, just about keeps possession and then goes on to score. I'm glad I played advantage.

If he had shot and missed, would you have brought it back for the original foul given that it put him off his stride?
Would you have cautioned black defender for blatant attempt at DOGSO, I'm assuming for USB? I spoke to defender and warned him that if the player went down he would have been off and he said he knew and wish he took one for the team because it ended 2-2.

The Referee Store
No, getting the shot away is the advantage (assuming that the player wasn't on his way down when he had the shot).

Sounds like good refereeing to me.

I think youre meant to give goal and yellow for the attempt, like if someone tries to dogso-H and palms it into the net its adv, goal, yellow for the attempt to dogsoh

You'd caution someone for that? It's not a mandatory caution so could go either way, I'd suggest for match control purposes you'd leave that alone if there's no need for it.

Agree for the attempt to trip you could pull up the defender and caution, but this depends on whether the attempt was reckless.

Seeing as he scored, I'd leave that alone, but again I suppose you could sell it depending on the match circumstances. Not for me in most cases though

The player tried to pull the attacker back with his shoulders but couldn't get a grip of his shirt. I wouldn't class it as reckless, if it happened anywhere else on the park I'd just be giving a FK. It's just the fact that it was clearly an attempt at DOGSO and afterwards he said he "should have pulled him"

If he had missed, then I'm assuming it's of his own accord - ie he wasn't still off-balance from the foul or anything like that. So that's his tough luck.
I don't think a caution is mandatory here, could be worth having a chat though. It's not about being reckless, it's about the tactical foul. But I feel a caution here could potentially be seen as a bit excessive.

Obviously you have to be there ! But if the player attacking IMo loses 2 -3 yards from the pull back allowing the keeper an extra 2 - 3 yards to come and narrow his angle and thinking time ! And the player shoots and misses , I would have no problem whatsoever coming back for the free kick and booking the defender !

Very true. Same as other cases when the time it takes to recover from a trip allows a defender to sprint across and block a shot. Finer points of advantage that I think very few referees understand - and fewer players!!

Totally true , when you analyse the situation if you dont bring it back then the defender has gained an advantage by comitting a foul :confused:

That cannot be right !!

I posted a thread a while back for a similar occured e. I cautioned the player and the feedback was widely saying I was correct

Back