A&H

Points deductions approved

The Referee Store
The FA.... Get the impression they fully expected a wholly positive response to this press release. Beggars belief really
I wonder if there are any Legal barriers to implementing stuff like this (and Sin Bins) higher up the pyramid. Or if it's just the Clubs that pull the punches

i think the general response is along the lines of "good, at last they're doing something"...whether we think they are or not is another matter

At the end of the day I wonder how many incidents that would meet the threshold to warrant a points deduction take place above Step 7?

How common is it at Step 6 and above to get a team with repeated aggravated offences (racism / similar) or offences relating to physical contact or assaults on match officials? My intuition is that it must be rarer at higher levels.

I note that you are 'allowed' one of each type (so potentially two serious offences without a deduction)

Screenshot 2023-05-31 102022.png

it sounds good however they need to be doing more to tackle the poor conduct towards match officials at the top of the game too.

Reactions: es1
They defined grassroots as step 5 and below to allow sin bins at that level so struggling to see why step 5/6 is not included.

The Irish FA is the FA for Northern Ireland. FAI is the Republic.

The FA seem to be branding everything as England Football ATM.

I often found when I was watching my son play and during refereeing days, the worst teams for behaviour on and off the pitch were those with nothing to play for, so the threat of potential points deductions would be meaningless to them. If anything some would view it as a badge of honour.

I often found when I was watching my son play and during refereeing days, the worst teams for behaviour on and off the pitch were those with nothing to play for, so the threat of potential points deductions would be meaningless to them. If anything some would view it as a badge of honour.
One aspect in favour of the new idea is that leagues have the right to decline renewal applications at this time of year.
Whether or not it will happen . . . 🤔

One aspect in favour of the new idea is that leagues have the right to decline renewal applications at this time of year.
Whether or not it will happen . . . 🤔
At Step 8 and below, the league do have the power to refuse new applicants.

Also, the SCOR rules can ask an AGM to remove a club "whose conduct is undesirable"; but it requires a 2/3 majority vote (Rule 12). This test seems a very low bar, if a committee wanted to remove a club.

Back