socal lurker
RefChat Addict
Crystal clear or carelessly drafted? I agree that it would literally mean a second touch violation occurs if the ball becomes happens to become still as thr GK dribbles the ball to the edge of the GA to take the kick. But I don’t think they cruelly meant that, as the focus is on a ball kicked to someone else. If they had actually meant it, I would expect a bullet about second touch (other than the one bout a GK handling the ball). They must have asked IFAB for help in drafting this . . .The first paragraph of the guidance is crystal clear about the point at which the goal kick has been taken and the ball is in play. After that point, all the regular rules apply, be that a handball leading to either a penalty or IFK (if goalkeeper), or a 'standard' second touch that results in an IFK

