A&H

PALWHU Paqueta jumps the gun

A&H International
Wharton has got the faintest of touches on the ball, but he didn't mean to and it would be a real push to say it clearly moved. Sensible refereeing by Rob Jones, technically speaking it should be a caution but that would be harsh given the ball did wobble. And a great tackle 😂

Wharton has got the faintest of touches on the ball, but he didn't mean to and it would be a real push to say it clearly moved. Sensible refereeing by Rob Jones, technically speaking it should be a caution but that would be harsh given the ball did wobble. And a great tackle 😂
Would be a harsh caution for the tackle, for me Jones wins the ball quite cleanly 😁

A lot of hoo-hah on twitter about this clip but the ball doesn't "clearly move" for me:

The ball does clearly move, but it isn't clearly kicked. The referee, Jones, did an excellent job of demonstrating football understanding and ensuring that the actions on the pitch reflect what football expects in this admittedly bizarre situation. What I loved about it was Jones' tackle -- there are premier league defenders who can't stop Paqueta that easily.

Back