A&H

Junior/Youth One of those games

Aled

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Not so much an incident but rather a match from hell.
U14's Red Vs Grey which was 2nd Vs. 3rd.

Starts off okay but 6 minutes later the yellow card is out, reckless tackle by red 15 and an easy caution.
After 10 minutes the keeper grey comes out for the ball, misses it and you guessed it, takes the attacker out and earns a nice caution, almost gets another booking for dissent but shuts up just in time.
Half time and there's only 2 bookings.

2nd half and it turns nasty. The tackles start becoming nasty, red 10 makes a silly and childish tackle and earns a booking. Grey 10 is then told by his manager to foul any player who is going toward the box, he duly obliges so I issue him with a caution as well.
Then a rather needless booking. Grey taking a throw-in until red deliberately jumps in front of him to try and stop him, right on que another booking.

With 4 minutes left red 10 goes in late and recklessly into another tackle and right on que the yellow makes another appearance and results in a second booking, player dismissed and misconducted for telling me to f*** off.

Match ends and I'm glad it's over, only 1 small issue. I've got red again next weekend *face palm*

The Referee Store
Nahh, go out there and smash it!! Be on top of everything from the word go and nail the game... Much better then avoiding them imo...

With regards to the match above... Is there anything you could've done differently or was it (like it sounds) just a bunch of idiots...

Reflect, take any development points you can, then move on

No, if he'd said to do anything more than just foul him I'd have misconducted him as well but it was your bog standard, take him down and take one for the team

I've never actually heard that shout before, the foul itself was innocent enough, just a small shirt pull but cause of the managers words I decided it warranted a caution for USB as it was a deliberate foul but in future I will warn managers who come up with rubbish like that cause it's just not needed

Nah, the players were all well up for it, the game only calmed down when the red card came out

Don't ask for another game. Step up to game as if last weekend didn't happen. Judge every game on its own merits, not last weekends.

Re the manager, I think he needed to be shown the error of his ways. Inciting players throws fuel on the fire which can cause the game to go pear shaped really easily.

Back