A&H

Oh, the irony...

Yampy

RefChat Addict
A Premier League player gets penalised for a foul throw. And it turns out to be perfectly legit. (Except in the eyes of the referee, of course)

The Referee Store
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United. An awful looking throw by Memphis, called as a foul throw by Mike Dean. Replays show it wasn't as bad as it looked. Things ain't always what they seem.

Is it just me or have foul throws become more common in the Premier League recently?

Last edited:
West Bromwich Albion v Manchester United. An awful looking throw by Memphis, called as a foul throw by Mike Dean. Replays show it wasn't as bad as it looked. Things ain't always what they seem.

Thanks. I'd be interested to see that. Full game should be available here - would you be able to remember/post the minute please? Cheers.

84 mins exactly.
An argument could be made that it wasn't delivered from behind his head but no way am I penalising this.
Mike Dean then does an impression of the throw that bears no resemblance to the throw whatsoever

Nothing wrong with that throw as best I can see... Maybe he felt there was an issue with the way it was thrown at the ground or something.

No idea.

Another vote for "nothing wrong with that." In general, I'm more annoyed with the ones where they let the player take the throw from so far away from the correct location that it's not even funny. There was one in that same game where I reckon the defender moved at least twenty yards up the touch line from where the ball went out of play. Not a peep out of the referee.

Back