A&H

Offside?

Was he Offside?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Referee Store
Very difficult to tell, given that he was off and stepped back on.

Looks to be just level when it's played for me.

I would say yes from that view.
Bad positioning though from the AR and he took a while for the flag to go up. Something most refs cover in a pre match is when they want an early flag. IMO, this is one of those scenarios.

I would say yes from that view.
Bad positioning though from the AR and he took a while for the flag to go up. Something most refs cover in a pre match is when they want an early flag. IMO, this is one of those scenarios.

I promise I'm closer than I look :hmmm::oops:

At speed and angle, not. Slow-motion version at the end? I'd actually say offside. But again, the angle sucks sufficiently to give lots of support to both sides! ;)

I promise I'm closer than I look :hmmm::oops:
Haha, I know what you mean. And when you are actually on the line there, you can sometimes feel in line when actually you could be 2 or 3 Yards off.

Just out of interest, did the Rev say anything to you pre match about when he would like an early flag?

Haha, I know what you mean. And when you are actually on the line there, you can sometimes feel in line when actually you could be 2 or 3 Yards off.

Just out of interest, did the Rev say anything to you pre match about when he would like an early flag?

He said he wanted one if there was going to be a collision with GK. It took me a few seconds to replay what I had seen. (Or what I thought I had)

From this angle is 100% impossible to tell. Every comment on here is just guessing. It looks quite close either way. I couldn't possibly argue against an offside decision. My guess? I think the attacker is past the other running attacker, can't tell how the other defender stacks up though.

And that is why an AR has to be in line with the second last defender...
Looked to me like he was in line. Impossible to tell that he wasn't, so not sure where these comments are coming from.

From this angle is 100% impossible to tell. Every comment on here is just guessing. It looks quite close either way. I couldn't possibly argue against an offside decision. My guess? I think the attacker is past the other running attacker, can't tell how the other defender stacks up though.
Looked to me like he was in line. Impossible to tell that he wasn't, so not sure where these comments are coming from.
Not a criticism of the AR in the video, rather the angle from the camera to where the offside line was: when you're at an ever increasing angle away from that line, getting the call right increases proportionately. So why people complain about offside calls when they are thirty yards up the pitch and I'm bang in line with the second last defender always makes me inwardly chuckle.

Hmm post removed, so in good old refs fashion, when in doubt give it to the defence. So he's off in my book then.

Note, post been removed so is a jovial post.

@DanCohen17 @Ross if we have post removed can we close?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back