The Ref Stop

Odd Question!

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
No idea why this came into my head, but now it has I'm going to ask it!

Anyone ever had someone deliberately miss a penalty, either for sporting reasons - ie they 'knew' it wasn't a pen, out of pity for the oppo or any other reason.

I know its unlikely, but thought with the 1,000s of matches we have all done collectively, someone must have had it happen to them?

The Ref Stop
i've seen a video compilation on youtube of intentional misses, usually for a sporting reason. i'll see if i can dig it out!

i've never had one though

here's a fun one - crowd whistle, player picks up the ball -

Not football but in futsal. The team the pen was given to was ahead by six or seven goals. The foul was a "I got the ball ref" one and the attacking team didn't agree with either. My response was in my opinion it's a foul and I am giving it, if you think it's not you can kick it out. And they did just that.

Never.

Even the penalties I've given where I've supposedly been 100% wrong, I've always seen the opposition take advantage of it and try to score it.

I awarded a penalty on Sunday. The kicker spoke to the keeper while waiting to take the kick, and I heard him say "it was never a penalty!" (Actually it was - he played the ball but went through the player to get it) He then proceeded to blast the ball into the corner.

A colleague made the local paper a few years ago because he awarded a penalty kick. The attacker didn't agree and proceeded to tell the keeper not to dive and he'd pass it to him! He then did exactly that, only to be cautioned for USB!

i've seen a video compilation on youtube of intentional misses, usually for a sporting reason. i'll see if i can dig it out!

i've never had one though

here's a fun one - crowd whistle, player picks up the ball -
Would/Should be a DB these days

Reactions: es1
From tv Robbie Fowler won a fifa fair play award for trying to get the ref to overturn the pk awarded.

Plenty times in my games I seen penalties so poor they might have been missed on purpose. But no, cant recall.

From tv Robbie Fowler won a fifa fair play award for trying to get the ref to overturn the pk awarded.

Plenty times in my games I seen penalties so poor they might have been missed on purpose. But no, cant recall.
Didnt he then chip it to the keepers hands.

Back