A&H

Norwich vs Chelsea

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
As a Chelsea fan I can say with absolute certainty that Diego Costa's goal to make it 2-0 was well offside.

For an assistant at this level looked a fairly clear cut call. Can only imagine he saw a yellow and green shirt that no one else did. :eek:

I know someone else will say it, so I will get in first :) ..... Courtois ditched his usual all aqua & yellow keeper kits in favour of an all black version (not seen that one before, guess that marketing department had a word with Chelsea in all white as well) with referee Lee Mason also wearing all black. Personally it doesn't bother me one bit and don't see what difference a keeper wearing the same colours as the referee makes, but as others have said on a number of occasions, clearly states in the good book that keepers must wear contrasting kits from each other and the referee..... Just another of the many LOTG that the Premier League likes to ignore!

The Referee Store
As a Chelsea fan I can say with absolute certainty that Diego Costa's goal to make it 2-0 was well offside.

For an assistant at this level looked a fairly clear cut call. Can only imagine he saw a yellow and green shirt that no one else did.
There was an interesting graphic on Match of the Day last night. It showed how, because the AR was not in line with the second last defender (instead, he was about 3 yards closer to the goal) Costa would have appeared to be level with the Norwich defender in the right back position. Just goes to show the importance of the AR maintaining the correct position on the sideline.

There was an interesting graphic on Match of the Day last night. It showed how, because the AR was not in line with the second last defender (instead, he was about 3 yards closer to the goal) Costa would have appeared to be level with the Norwich defender in the right back position. Just goes to show the importance of the AR maintaining the correct position on the sideline.
Absolutely. Remember having a very interesting conversation with Phil Sharp a few years ago about this exact topic, and he hand-drew that exact situation. Minute details, create massive mistakes!

It was clear from the replays the assistant was badly out of position...

Usually it's because a 40 year old is struggling to keep pace with a 20 something in a race down the line, but on this occasion the assistant somehow found himself several yards beyond play and in between the line of the last defender and the keeper! :confused:

Back