A&H

Norway Cup

Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
Other than Rocky and Slim, is anyone from here going to Oslo this year?

I didnt bother applying, as ive got my wedding about 2 weeks after, and didnt fancy doing what slim did and injuring myself :p

The Referee Store
So, who won t**t of the week then?

Hope everyone enjoyed it. Seen all the Facebook/twitter updates, so sounds like it was a great success.

So, who won t**t of the week then?

That will have been me! :oops:

Cracking week again lads. Was amazing to see Norway's reaction to the events there of a couple of weeks ago and it was great to see everything carry on as normal. So looking forward to a proper bed tonight, though!

Cracking week again lads. Was amazing to see Norway's reaction to the events there of a couple of weeks ago and it was great to see everything carry on as normal. So looking forward to a proper bed tonight, though!
What did you do to earn that coveted title?

Just wait until you hear what me and Alan Carr did in literaly our last 10 minutes there! Parrott we were!

Basically, we were too lazy to carry our luggage down from the top floor, like everybody else, and so decided to use the service lift. It worked on a turn-a-key system. Alan turned the key for the exit floor and the lift dropped about a foot and stopped. We tried to press the release buttom to open the door, that of course did not work. We then pressed the alarm button, thinking that it was going to go through to the maintenance office of the accomodation, but again, no response. So, I phoned Rocky, letting him know that we were stuck in this very compact tin box. So he made his way, long with various others to the lift door. Whilst they were 'reassuring' us that they would be able to get us out, we tried the alarm button again. This time, there was an answer - from the Oslo fire department. They told us, in their best English, that they would be there within 10 minutes. But, literally, as we got off the alarm, the door was opened by the caretaker, who had keys, and full control of the lift. So, the fire department were cancelled...

Or so we thought. A mere 5 minutes later, the crew cane, fully kitted up, ready to resque us.

Special award for simply being ****s'?!

It turnes out, by the way, that the reason for the defunct lift, was that Alan's bag handle was over the side line. **** :p

And I get the t-shirt for locking my padlock keys in a locker (locked with same padlock), getting Scouse to saw the padlock off then finding the keys in my referee shorts? Shocking!

Though it did set me up for a seemingly unique ****/Final double. Highlight of the week had to be the tramp in the middle of Oslo laughing and pointing at me and shouting "you're a ****!" as I walked past in the t-shirt on the Saturday. Quality...

Parrot.jpg

Back