A&H

Northants Observation

JBeil

Level 5 Referee
Is anyone in or near east northants available for a bit of informal observation on a Sunday? I've tried and tried with my local FA but they just don't have the availability. I'm learning as I go but the only qualified advice I can get is running the line on Saturday. I'm happy to pay petrol plus a cup of tea afterwards, I'm just desperate to learn and get promoted next season!

The Referee Store
Is anyone in or near east northants available for a bit of informal observation on a Sunday? I've tried and tried with my local FA but they just don't have the availability. I'm learning as I go but the only qualified advice I can get is running the line on Saturday. I'm happy to pay petrol plus a cup of tea afterwards, I'm just desperate to learn and get promoted next season!
Have you tried joining your local RA and find someone who can help you there? Probably less cost than your proposal, too.

How long have you been refereeing for? Because I got advice from Northumberland FA to do 2 seasons of Open Age football before going for promotion don't rush yourself mate.

Hello,
I'm based in Andover and could do a Sunday at some point. I'm relatively new myself as I only qualified last year, but happy to give advice on what you're doing. I've been an AR on the Wessex League and in the latter stages of the cups so have seen how other more experience referee's do it.

Alternatively I can direct you to a couple of guys who might be able to help. @Justylove is localish and gave me some good advice on here.

How long have you been refereeing for? Because I got advice from Northumberland FA to do 2 seasons of Open Age football before going for promotion don't rush yourself mate.

About three months in all - I know it's early days but I want to get on with things and without someone impartial letting me know what I'm missing, I'm worried I'll stagnate and get stuck where I am.

Hello,
I'm based in Andover and could do a Sunday at some point. I'm relatively new myself as I only qualified last year, but happy to give advice on what you're doing. I've been an AR on the Wessex League and in the latter stages of the cups so have seen how other more experience referee's do it.

Alternatively I can direct you to a couple of guys who might be able to help. @Justylove is localish and gave me some good advice on here.

I'm afraid I can't ask you to drive the two hours or so it'll take to get here, but I do appreciate the offer!

About three months in all - I know it's early days but I want to get on with things and without someone impartial letting me know what I'm missing, I'm worried I'll stagnate and get stuck where I am.

I'm afraid I can't ask you to drive the two hours or so it'll take to get here, but I do appreciate the offer!
I completely misread it as North Hants! Apologies, can't be any help.

Working on it. It’s a bit tight at the moment as it’s getting to crunch time for the promotion candidates so the bulk of the observers are on those. The RDO is currently away which also delays matters.

However I am asking!

Back