A&H

No caution or report?

Kieran W

Was playing in a game today and one of our players is brought down in the penalty area by the opposition keeper. Referee points to the spot and awards a penalty. However, after the game the player that was fouled on our team comes up to me and says he overheard the ref saying to the keeper 'I would give you a yellow card, but I can't be bothered with reporting you or the paperwork'.

Just wondered where you guys stand with referees that don't give cards because of the paperwork?

To my understanding there isn't much paperwork for a caution anyway?

The Referee Store
If I was you, I would go to the manager and get the manager to check with the FA if the paperwork got sent in. If not then the referee will get into some bother...

If I was you, I would go to the manager and get the manager to check with the FA if the paperwork got sent in. If not then the referee will get into some bother...

The problem is that he didn't caution the keeper or show the yellow card, otherwise I would follow it up

Nothing annoys me more. Do your job properly or not at all! :mad:

As you said, it requires very little paperwork. The caution report form is an Excel document that takes a couple of minutes to fill in.

The problem is that he didn't caution the keeper or show the yellow card, otherwise I would follow it up
Sorry misread that...
Sadly nothing could probably be done due to lack of evidence etc... You could report what you heard but with no/little proof it would be hard to justify your case

And I think that referee was not bothered with paper work I think that referee might been playing for marks

Paperwork used to be a ball ache. Completed in triplicate and counties wouldn't accept photocopies either.

Not that that was an excuse not to do it, just needed to set aside a good few hours if you'd been busy.

Have you tried telling that to the people on here who decide at what age the lotg should apply :eek:

Don't get me started, that has been discussed to death in this forum. Common sense can be a good thing and using it doesn't mean you're not doing the job properly, but not booking players below a certain age at all is a nonsense :)

Back