A&H

Next Manager Of England

no, but name a team he has taken out of the top flight ...

I think the Sunderland job gains him the respect for the England job alone. incredible

The Referee Store
no, but name a team he has taken out of the top flight ...

I think the Sunderland job gains him the respect for the England job alone. incredible

So not being relegated from the top flight is the criteria we use for appointing the most important and prestigious role in English football, is that how low our standards have dropped?

Ive got it, I have thought of a replacement...Joe Kinnear, he was never relegated from the top flight either. Perfect!!

maybe you wouldn't have suffered 2 relegations if he'd stayed in the hot seat?

just saying ... how are feeling about the up coming championship season? :p;)

I honestly don't know why anyone thinks Sam is bad choice? his record overall is actually great.

Two relegations Charlie? I think you'll find there was only one (last season) since Allardyce has been in the hot seat. ;)
For anybody to suggest that that bungling fool, whose football management CV amounts to little more than dodging relegation battles, getting sacked by lower-grade clubs and achieving the consolidation of mediocrity at best, represents the best possible choice to be in charge of our best footballers is a joke. :)

maybe you should learn your history @Kes

Alladyce was appointed your manager 2007/08 ... you were relegated in 2008/09

but ... that's none of my business :rolleyes:

maybe you should learn your history @Kes

Alladyce was appointed your manager 2007/08 ... you were relegated in 2008/09

but ... that's none of my business :rolleyes:

They weren't relegated under Allardyces' tutorship though mate - which was my point. The fact is, that he was crap, the fans didn't like him and the football he brought to the team was rubbish. He got offloaded after winning only 8 games from 24. He'd be a worse choice than friggin' Hodgson mate ....

Hmm, I hated the idea of Big Sam originally but now I'm not so sure. We've tried all combinations in the past since Hoddle, and none have worked. Ironically Hoddle is the best we have had but was sacked for something not related to football ...!

- Ex England legend Keegan, well liked but tactically inept.
- Eriksson - hugely experienced European manager but couldn't get England going
- McLaren - went for a young up and coming English manager but that all went badly wrong
- Capello - successful overseas manager with a known disciplinary reputation but still didn't work
- Hodgson - laid back manager with huge international experience and who took a small English team to a major European final, still didn't work

That's 17 years of different approaches and ultimately failure. Just perhaps someone who has a reputation for taking over a failing team and improving them is what we need, although there is a big difference from taking a relegation threatened team to safety to taking a team that always qualifies to being a tournament contender.

Guess only time will tell. I do think the long ball tag for Sam is a bit harsh, and rather he gets the best out of the players he has. He played a lot less direct with Sunderland where the tiny Defoe was the front man and still achieved what seemed like an impossible escape.

Good to see the FA have appointed one the big referee haters in the country.
I'm sure it'll be the ref's fault every time England fail to win.
I guess Fat Sam deserves a crack. Still a tosser though.

Reactions: SM
Good to see the FA have appointed one the big referee haters in the country.
I'm sure it'll be the ref's fault every time England fail to win.
I guess Fat Sam deserves a crack. Still a tosser though.

I was sure you were describing Mark Hughes until the penultimate line :mute:

I will admit I am curious to see how this appointment plays out.

If I think back to FM2006, I remember Fat Sam getting the job and making England a fearsome force to be reckoned with.... FM does have a funny way of predicting the future sometimes. :D

I will admit I am curious to see how this appointment plays out.

If I think back to FM2006, I remember Fat Sam getting the job and making England a fearsome force to be reckoned with.... FM does have a funny way of predicting the future sometimes. :D

I remember Mike Phelan getting the Real Madrid job in one of my FM07 saves :wow:

Back