A&H

Newport County vs Blackburn Rovers

I still think the ball probably goes out for a 'throw-in' before the attacker could get to it

@Tealeaf - still needs to be an obvious opportunity ... in theory there's an opportunity from everywhere on the pitch
@Russell Jones - agreed ... extremely tricky does not = obvious ...

I noticed on The FA website that the GK (Joe Day) has a 3 game ban - which would be for SFP I guess

The Referee Store
I still think the ball probably goes out for a 'throw-in' before the attacker could get to it

@Tealeaf - still needs to be an obvious opportunity ... in theory there's an opportunity from everywhere on the pitch
@Russell Jones - agreed ... extremely tricky does not = obvious ...

I noticed on The FA website that the GK (Joe Day) has a 3 game ban - which would be for SFP I guess

Honoruable disagreement. Let's leave it there. As for the ban, I think this includes additional games for multiple reds.

I'm loving this! :D Largely because although contrary both viewpoints are perfectly acceptable and strongly arguable (and nobody's fallen out yet!!) I can imagine my RDO bringing something like this up at one of our RA Meetings.

For me the key line in your argument is "the acuteness of the angle will make it an extremely tricky shot for the striker."

Tricky?

Perhaps. But that just means it's not an obvious goal. The opportunity still exists, no?
And could mean the call comes down to the skill level of the player?

And could mean the call comes down to the skill level of the player?

I had to check if I mentioned that in my second post (the first being pedantry). I did. I'm losing it slightly, but I take this to be confirmation that I was definitely talking sense. Suppose it's now time to panic as my signature says... :eek:

Back