A&H

Newcastle vs Aston Villa

bester

RefChat Addict
Newcastle goal, player in front of wall moved over during Trippier's run-up. A law that's being frequently ignored. Wall looks about 8-yards away as well.
1644880758630.png

Reactions: one
A&H International
Wall seems to be somewhat in line with penalty spot and trippier is taking his free kick just inside the D, so the villa players should be pretty much alright. Newcastle players seem quite close to the villa wall tho

Wall seems to be somewhat in line with penalty spot and trippier is taking his free kick just inside the D, so the villa players should be pretty much alright. Newcastle players seem quite close to the villa wall tho
The distance between penalty spot and the the PA line is only 6 yards. That would not make it alright.

Some PL referees are very poor at distance for the wall around the PA. There is no excuse with all the line markings and the spray.

Pitch markings should help here, fk 18.1? out,
we know where the 6 yard box is

so wall goes 2 yards in front of the 6.

It really cannot be simplier. On this one it be hard not to accept the freekick taker pointing this out to the referee.

i think that wall looks pretty much in the perfect spot. you can see the penalty sport and you can see that the wall is behind it at an angle.

as for the player in the wall, it's frustrating the the ref delayed the fk to make sure they were more than 1m away initially then permitted this outcome

i think that wall looks pretty much in the perfect spot. you can see the penalty sport and you can see that the wall is behind it at an angle.

as for the player in the wall, it's frustrating the the ref delayed the fk to make sure they were more than 1m away initially then permitted this outcome

the wall is 2 yards in front of the 6?

No way from that photo is that wall 10 yards. From the edge of the PA to the GA is 12 yards. 12 - 10 is 2.
I wouldn't even march that out, I'd literally walk to the GA, stride 2 yards "here please gents"

Do the maths again... 😁 Edge of PA (18 yds) to GA (6yds) is 12 yards.

leaving aside the angle, because we cant be sure of it from a pic, that wall is 7 yards, 7.1, 7.2 max.

cant see it clearly but, hopefully the ball is not on the 18!

two coaching points here, reminder not to restart with attacking fk with ball on 18
plus
do not have a defensive wall on the 18. Either have them just in, or, just out. If they are on the 18 and your next call is handball, you have a difficult pk sell
if they are clearly in the box and you are giving handball, your decision is sold.

the field markings are not just for show, they can help our game too

Reactions: es1
leaving aside the angle, because we cant be sure of it from a pic, that wall is 7 yards, 7.1, 7.2 max.

cant see it clearly but, hopefully the ball is not on the 18!

two coaching points here, reminder not to restart with attacking fk with ball on 18
plus
do not have a defensive wall on the 18. Either have them just in, or, just out. If they are on the 18 and your next call is handball, you have a difficult pk sell
if they are clearly in the box and you are giving handball, your decision is sold.

the field markings are not just for show, they can help our game too
It's a good point.
But when lining up the wall at a ceremonial I am always very clear if they are in or out. And what to expect if the ball is handled.
Mostly, it's quite easy, keep your arms close to the body, if you make yourself bigger and it hits your arms then, as you can see you are in the area and it will be a penalty kick.
The selling is done even before the decision has to be made.
Seems to work, because I reckon I have never once had to award a PK from a defensive wall in 11 years reffing.

It's a good point.
But when lining up the wall at a ceremonial I am always very clear if they are in or out. And what to expect if the ball is handled.
Mostly, it's quite easy, keep your arms close to the body, if you make yourself bigger and it hits your arms then, as you can see you are in the area and it will be a penalty kick.
The selling is done even before the decision has to be made.
Seems to work, because I reckon I have never once had to award a PK from a defensive wall in 11 years reffing.

Absolutely. Thats proactive. i do sometimes give the demonstration of making themselves bigger.
Its wee things like this that are not in the book and benefit our game greatly.

Back