A&H

New Referee Appointments

sanjay23

I have completed the course and received my Affiliation number (Birmingham FA) as well as the contact details for getting appointed matches.
Can I contact any league now to find games or can I only use this contact? Also how do I know if the league/game will qualify towards my initial 5 games?

The Referee Store
I have completed the course and received my Affiliation number (Birmingham FA) as well as the contact details for getting appointed matches.
Can I contact any league now to find games or can I only use this contact? Also how do I know if the league/game will qualify towards my initial 5 games?
If you are a youth referee I recommend contacting your referee development officer and asking about leagues, or if they can put you in any games. However after your 5 initial matches and you become fully qualified you can apply to any league you want. Also maybe your match organizer (forgot name).

At your course the staff should have explained what happens next. If the County FA have given you a contact, that's your first call to make.
League and Cup matches count towards your 5 initial matches, as long as you are appointed by the Appointments Secretary for that competition, and should be matches with offside (11 v 11, or 9 v 9 with offside if doing youth football)
Enjoy your refereeing!

Back