A&H

New Ref Advice

svenny76

RefChat Addict
Hi everyone,

i'm sitting my exam on Thursday, and really looking forward to passing an getting my first game under my belt.

Has anyone got any advice for the sitting of the exam, any tips??

i've found the course really really useful and if i'm honest a real eye opener, i've been playin for 22 years and decided to pack in playing and give something back to the game, and there has been loads of info i didnt have a clue about.

Any tips on fitness as well, i'm not the best runner in the world hence the reason i've played in goal all my time.

Thanks

Simon

The Referee Store
Hi mate,

I took my exam on Saturday (passed with 94%) so I wouldn't imagine anybody else on here has sat the exam more recently.

I'd say as long as you have put a bit of work in with the laws then you'll be fine. It's not easy, but it's not impossible either.

There will be 35 questions on the written test and then the same number on the video test. To be honest though, ten of them on the video test are almost impossible to get wrong. Some of them, deciding if something was careless, reckless, EF, are much trickier.

To give you a very vague idea of the pass rate, of the 18 who sat it on Saturday, three failed and two had to clarify answers to get a pass.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Reactions: SM
Plenty of threads about this available, just use the search bar above :)

But more importantly, good luck and let us know how you get on!

Good luck mate! All I'd say is make sure you don't get the written part marked in front of you - I had to sit the test a week after everyone else and to speed things up the tutor marked it in front of me. It was probably the most nervous I've ever been :confused: thankfully it was all good and I passed :) apart from that just look over the laws and use your common sense as much as you can.

Well done. Enjoy it!

If your anything like me, you'll have everyone that knows your a ref asking for your opinion on every decision they feel hard done by!

Well first game complete, and really really enjoyed, thought i controlled the game really well, communicated well, both teams said i had a good game, so well chuffed.
one mistake (if you can call it that) was i tried to play advantage as often as i could, striker got fouled on the touchline, i played advantage, player got up and had a go, as he was a lone striker, where's the advantage. Hmmmmm good point well made!!

Lesson learnt, have a look at the bigger picture!!

Reactions: SM
Back