A&H

New pitch marking

J-K

Level 5 Referee
Sometimes you see the 10 yards mark on both lines by the corner of the pitch. Why isn't there a permanent quadrant?

There's the D for penalties and the centre circle but no arc for corners.

I assume it's something to do with the differing widths of pitches.

The Referee Store
Talking about marks... I turned up to a game two weeks ago.... As I walked onto the pitch to do the inspection.... The home team players were dragging their heals along the pitch. The pitch was wet and not in great condition (but playable)... They were using their heals to mark the lines!!! The council tried to use line marker before I arrived, it wouldn't take to the ground apparently. So, they dug their heals in and scraped the lines in! :hmmm:

Talking about marks... I turned up to a game two weeks ago.... As I walked onto the pitch to do the inspection.... The home team players were dragging their heals along the pitch. The pitch was wet and not in great condition (but playable)... They were using their heals to mark the lines!!! The council tried to use line marker before I arrived, it wouldn't take to the ground apparently. So, they dug their heals in and scraped the lines in! :hmmm:

Flour.

The changing rooms are in chapel... Mavis was baking a cake and couldn't spare any.

I remember the days when the club I played for as a 17-18 couldn't afford a line marker... We used to mix up lime and water and use paint brushes to mark the pitch out! Backache from hell!

I did a game a few weeks back, 3G "multi purpose" pitch. It had Football markings, hockey and lacrosse with the football markings being in blue and the hockey in white and lacrosse in yellow. Talk about confusing!!

The home team players were dragging their heals along the pitch
The interpretations of Law 1 say that it is not permissible to mark the field of play with broken lines or furrows. And I assume you didn't caution them for UB either.
You must be desperate to get games on down in the South West.

Home team wanted to play, the opposition wanted to play and It had been weeks since any of us had a game. The rain had stopped and the pitch was in okay condition (considering the weather) and the fixture build-up is not worth mentioning; it's that bad.

The team that I play for, we have three consecutive weeks of: Saturday, Monday, Friday, Saturday games. That's a lot of games in a short period of time. That's alot for any club to manage, let alone clubs like mine where we are the only team.

I certainly weren't going to add to the nightmare because the lines weren't white! I briefed the CAR's before hand stressing that they will be quite important to me, aswell as also briefing the Captains on the fact it may be difficult to determine at times whether the ball runs out of play or not.

Lines were visible, but not great. CAR's done a very good job and the game was a good one :) I had an email the next day from my CFA saying about what a good job I done and that "common sense" prevailed. I'm not sure where that came from, but obviously it was good to hear.

To answer your statement regarding the desperation... In short, yes. We are all desperate to get the games played.

I did a game a few weeks back, 3G "multi purpose" pitch. It had Football markings, hockey and lacrosse with the football markings being in blue and the hockey in white and lacrosse in yellow. Talk about confusing!!

Last night 3G pitch I was on had a 5 a side pitch marked in the middle of the 11 a side one - meant there was a 'second' penalty area (with arc) about 10 metres outside the proper one!:eek:

Back