A&H

New Macron Kit

Degnann

As incompetent as the last ref
Level 4 Referee
for anyone watching the super cup, you may have noticed a new macron colourway. It is appearing on their website along with a new black one fittingly titled 2021. New design compared to the neon colours
Couldnt see any press releas about it

edit : neon colours have also been updated

The Referee Store
similar price to club replicas these days. not excusing it mind, its 20 quid too much at least

I can see lots of grassroots referees wanting to buy, so they can look like the top referees. NOT

Slim fit, just what you need for Sunday morning 😂

I might invest. Slim Fit will be AKA 'Ripped' Slim Fit
I do need a new top so I can stick my League Badge on a shirt

Purely a way of making money, nothing wrong with the old colourways or design.

Purely a way of making money, nothing wrong with the old colourways or design.

macron have the 'rights' to make the uefa refs kits, so that's all this is. nike have the epl so we have many refs choosing that

Way down on the list of concerns, but I've found it interesting that there are more games where the officiating crew is wearing black socks with a non-black shirt - even when both teams aren't wearing navy or black socks. Could still be a supply chain issue, but it's still different to see referees in European games wearing socks that don't match their colored shirts (obviously, par for the course in the UK and US).

Last edited:
Whilst I have nothing against coloured referee shirts, still consider myself a bit of a traditionalist. In my humble opinion, referees wearing coloured socks just looks wrong to me and black shorts & socks looks far more professional.

If coloured kits were allowed at grassroots level, I can imagine comments from the sidelines to be something like "Check him out in his fancy neon pink socks, did you get lost on the way to the 80's disco ref?"

Whilst I have nothing against coloured referee shirts, still consider myself a bit of a traditionalist. In my humble opinion, referees wearing coloured socks just looks wrong to me and black shorts & socks looks far more professional.

If coloured kits were allowed at grassroots level, I can imagine comments from the sidelines to be something like "Check him out in his fancy neon pink socks, did you get lost on the way to the 80's disco ref?"

At the level nearly all of us officiate, I agree with you. At the professional levels, wearing the same color of socks as a team presents a problem. The speed of the game means players are looking for sock colors every bit as much as shirt colors when picking out a teammate. So it can present an issue if a referee is wearing black socks and a team is wearing black or navy socks at the professional level. I write all of that fully understanding that many professional leagues like the Premier League still mandate black socks as part of the uniform.

What I could see is referees wanting to only wear colored socks in the event of a team wearing black or navy socks. I was watching the Young Boys game last night. The other team (started with F, but I'm not going to even try remembering it?) wore white socks, and YB wore yellow socks. Collum's crew wore red shirts because YB was wearing a half/half black/yellow shirt and black socks because YB had yellow socks. At the end of the day for me, as long as the officials are sufficiently contrasted with players at that level it's good. I'd say that if a referee reaches a level where he/she is working Champions League or Europa League matches, the privilege of choosing black or colored socks has been earned. :)

Last edited:
Coloured kits are allowed here at grassroots. Can confirm nobody cares. Only ever had one comment because I wore green and well if you know anything about Glasgow you know why.

I might invest. Slim Fit will be AKA 'Ripped' Slim Fit
If you're thinking of "ripped" like I'd think of it with me, it means the shirt will rip after I wear it. NOT how Szymon Marciniak looked pretty "ripped" in the shirt when he wore it in the CL game I watched! :D

Back