The Ref Stop

New Ful

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
I was gonna write this but then someone did it for me on the Graun MBM:

“Hilarious moment on the Trippier free kick at 43’. The Newcastle players ignored the referee’s orders to move the ball back to where he wanted the free kick taken. The referee walked over to the ball, picked it up, walked back about five yards to said spot, and placed the ball down. Trippier came over and toe-dragged the ball forward out of the referee’s feet and placed it for his kick. The referee picked up the ball again, placed it where he originally had, then sprayed the foam and walked off the ten yards. While he had his back turned doing that, Trippier picked up the foam in one clump, placed it forward maybe by a foot, and placed the ball. Immature but hilarious. I love football.”

On one hand, funny. On the other hand, if I’m AR and I see this, I’m advising my referee to YC. You?

The Ref Stop
On second thoughts, attacker treads on Trippier first.

This sequence maybe highlights how tough it is when the bar is lowered. There are 3-4 potential offences prior to the pen. The worst being the player who won the pen trying a hack from behind.

Double touch pen!!!! Oh my days!!! IDFK!!! Wow!

“Hilarious moment on the Trippier free kick at 43’. The Newcastle players ignored the referee’s orders to move the ball back to where he wanted the free kick taken. The referee walked over to the ball, picked it up, walked back about five yards to said spot, and placed the ball down. Trippier came over and toe-dragged the ball forward out of the referee’s feet and placed it for his kick. The referee picked up the ball again, placed it where he originally had, then sprayed the foam and walked off the ten yards. While he had his back turned doing that, Trippier picked up the foam in one clump, placed it forward maybe by a foot, and placed the ball. Immature but hilarious. I love football.”

On one hand, funny. On the other hand, if I’m AR and I see this, I’m advising my referee to YC. You?
To be fair the challenge on Longstaff was about 5 yards ahead of where he marched them back to…

On second thoughts, attacker treads on Trippier first.

This sequence maybe highlights how tough it is when the bar is lowered. There are 3-4 potential offences prior to the pen. The worst being the player who won the pen trying a hack from behind.

Double touch pen!!!! Oh my days!!! IDFK!!! Wow!
Does the VAR not spot this? Could understand (just) a ref saying the tread on Trippier’s foot was normal contact and Trippier’s challenge was a pen, but overturning for C&O seems plain wrong when the attacker has clearly stepped on him first

Does the VAR not spot this? Could understand (just) a ref saying the tread on Trippier’s foot was normal contact and Trippier’s challenge was a pen, but overturning for C&O seems plain wrong when the attacker has clearly stepped on him first
It does seems very odd. The replay was damning. I think the passage up to the pen has affected Jones badly. 81st min dive there. To give the DFK against Ream should also be a 2nd YC - but it was never a foul!

Back